Floor plan features & finishes
Floor plan features & finishes for 7 Brock St
• Bright and Spacious with high ceilings throughout including:
– Generous and uniquely designed windows on all exposures bringing lots of natural light and cross-ventilation into all living and sleeping spaces,
– Multiple skylights in each unit, including operable, remote operated Velux skylights for summer natural heat ventilation, with auto-closing rain sensor,
– Daylighting features like a two storey roof ‘periscope’ with skylights in the Den in No. 7, a two storey Foyer ‘light tower’ with high window on No. 9, and a two storey Den roof clerestory with skylight, as well as a two storey loft / lightwell on No. 11.
• Long, wide, skylit gallery spaces with much wall space for art, and lit with adjustable LED track lights.
• Open ramped gallery to basement in No. 11 with two skylights, custom raw steel and baltic birch plywood railings, with Interface carpet tile floor.
• Custom light fixtures made by artists in Vancouver, Philadelphia and Toronto.
• Kitchens have huge floating style custom millwork island and wall cabinets with
integral storage pantry, oversized drawers for storage, undercounter microwave
shelf, frosted glass doors, natural stone countertops, gooseneck faucets and
underhung sinks, recessed soap dispensers, and built-in stacking laundry
equipment (Nos. 7 and 9).
• Wood species: No. 7: Tiami; No. 9: Cherry; No. 11: White Ash.
• Stones: No. 7: Nero Tunisi, No. 9: Confusion Dark, No.11: Sydney.
• Fireplaces with custom built-in concrete hearth with wood storage below
(No. 7 and 9), custom raw steel hearth in No. 11, and custom millwork wood and
tile enclosures with display niches and roughed-in for future LED display lighting
(wood-burning fireplaces in No. 7 and 9, gas in No. 11).
• Ensuite washrooms in Master Bedrooms, with sliding doors (Nos. 7 and 11).
• Washroom vanities are custom millwork with natural stone counters, generous drawer storage, integral linen storage, integral garbage grommets in counter for a concealed waste receptacle, custom mirrors, underhung sinks and integral towel bars.
• Outdoor shower with fenced enclosure in No. 11 usable all year, accessed
by door from bathroom shower.
• Separate linen closet in No. 9 bathroom.
• Generous walk in closets in Master Bedrooms.
• Small artist’s loft space on No. 11 with a two storey lightwell to main floor, open
stair with a central stained glass chandelier, private roof terrace, with all loft surfaces finished in plywood.
• The stair is a custom raw steel stair with open maple treads and steel railings.
• Two brick walk-in safes in No. 11, one repurposed as a glass doored wine cellar with metal wine racking, cedar finishes and cork floor; one safe unfinished in basement with metal safe door.
• Exposed original brick walls in No. 11.
• toilets and bathroom fixtures by Philip Starck. Kitchen with custom hose colour
faucets by Hansgrohe.
• Custom colour and finishes schemes for each unit developed by the Architects.
• Includes premium Fisher+Paykel stainless steel appliances, including a 30” gas range, two drawer style dishwasher, 17 cu. ft. refrigerator with water dispenser and bottom freezer; Sirrius exhaust hood; Blomberg stacked white washer and gas dryer (built-in to kitchen cabinets in Unit No. 7 and 9).
• 5” wide stained oak hardwood floors throughout Living/Dining/Sleeping Areas.
• Herringbone pattern stained hardwood floors (No. 11 only).
• Cork tile floors in Bathrooms for warmth and non-slip surface.
• French limestone tile floors in Foyers.
• Sliding frosted glass walls by C-Living that fully open to nest out of the way on two walls in Dens (No. 9 and 11) and Bedroom (No. 7) and Bedroom and Walk-in Closet in No.11.
• Birch interior wood doors with natural finish.
• Direct access glass doors to side and rear gardens from living areas.
• Direct access glass door to side garden from Master Bedroom (No. 11).
• MDF (medium density fibreboard) base and trim with natural finish.
• Ceiling fans by Modern Fan Company in all bedrooms.
• Unique, Architect-quality light fixtures made by artists in Vancouver (No. 11 kitchen pendant by Propellor Design), Toronto (handblown stained glass in bathrooms and loft stair by AM Studio), Philadelphia (acrylic kitchen pendants by CP Lighting), Copenhagen (copper petal light by Vita Copenhagen) and Spain (stained bentwood lights by LZF Lighting). Classic industrial pendants designed by famed French architect Le Corbusier in 1954 in all bedrooms. Exterior LED lighting by Toronto company Europhase.
• Unique Architect-quality door hardware. Front entrance door handles designed by New York architect George Ranalli, inspired by famed Italian architect Carlos Scarpa.
• Unique Architect-quality plumbing fixtures and trim throughout. Gooseneck kitchen faucets with custom coloured hoses by Grohe, bathroom faucets by Philippe Starck for Axor Hansgrohe, toilets by Philippe Starck for Duravit. Undermount stainless sinks.
• Rainshower with 4 bodywash spray heads in No. 11.
• Unique Architect-quality glass mosaic kitchen and bathroom backsplash tile, and shower stall wall tile.
• Unique Architect-quality flush gray light switches and receptacle device covers.
• Custom exterior signage made by artists in the UK, Poland and the US, and unique door bell buttons.
• Glass shower stall enclosures (tile shower base in No.11).
• All interior wood sandblasted to remove dust, dirt, debris, soot and char from past small fire and to return all wood to a high quality finish condition