Floor plan features & finishes
Floor plan features & finishes for 2368 New St
1. Located in center of Burlington DAWN VICTORIA HOME’S The Central
Park Towns is neighbourhood community with architecturally controlled
elevations and exterior color selections.
2. Elevations include Clay Brick, veneer stone and EIFS Stucco system with
architectural features in other materials as per elevations
3. Entry-resistant framing on all perimeter doors (excluding patio doors)
4. Aluminum maintenance-free soffit, downspouts, fascia and eavestrough
5. Architectural styled laminate fiberglass Certainteed or equal shingles
with a 30 year manufacturer’s limited lifetime warranty
6. Fibreglass painted or stained insulated entry exterior door(s) with
weather-stripping and deadbolt lock (excluding patio doors and door
from garage to exterior if applicable)
7. All windows to be vinyl casement with grills as per plan. Basement
windows to be vinyl sliders if applicable
8. Sliding patio door or garden door(s) as per plan
9. All windows to have Low E coating and Argon gas, excluding entry
door glazing. Patio doors to have Low E coating and Argon Gas
10. Glazed panel in front entry door or side light(s) as per elevation
11. All opening windows and sliding patio doors are complete with screens
12. Moulded steel panel insulated sectional roll-up garage doors equipped
with heavy duty springs and long life, rust resistant door hardware as
13. Entire lot is sodded except paved areas (common side yard 6’ or less
may be finished with granular material)
14. Pre-cast concrete slab walkway to front door entry, pre-cast step(s) at
front and/or rear door as required
15. Two exterior water taps, one at the garage and one at the back deck
16. Two exterior weatherproof electrical outlets with ground fault
interrupter, one at front and one at the rear of home.
17. Brushed nickel finish front door entry set and front coach light(s) on
front as per elevation
Energy Management Features / Insulation
1. High efficiency furnace installed for heating system.
2. Heat Recovery Ventilator (HRV) installed and interlocked with furnace
3. Energy Star Architecturally controlled Casement windows with Low E &
argon filled glazing and grills where indicated on plans.
4. All exterior floor to wall joints wrapped with air barrier sheeting.
5. Total minimum insulation value of R-22 in walls above grade, R-31 in
ceilings at flat roof and R60 in ceilings at truss roof.
6. Entire house interior above grade wrapped in a super 6 ml vapor
7. Water saver toilets (1.6 gallons per flush) installed in each bathroom.
8. Water saver showerheads and vanity faucets in each bathroom.
9. Energy efficient light bulbs installed in most light fixtures.
Smart House Pre-Wiring & Rough-In Installations
1. Category 3, telephone wiring, roughed-in to 2 locations (Location to be
determined by Builder).
2. Wide Band Data transmission wiring, Category 5, roughed-in to 4
locations (Location to be determined by Builder).
3. RG6, video cable, will be roughed-in to 4 locations (Location to be
determined by Builder).
4. Central Vacuum piping installed from all finished areas to basement
Sound Proofing & Structural Integrity:
1. All floor systems will exceed the Ontario Building Code requirements
by at least 25%. This may be accomplished through reduced floor joist
spans, added structural floor components, heavier steel beams or
otherwise, determined at the Builder’s sole discretion.
2. All floors will be designed and constructed to minimize squeaking and
noise transfers with Engineered Joist.
3. Exterior walls are 2 x 6 construction for added thermal insulation
4. Party walls exceed Building Code requirements being constructed of 8”
of wood framing, 2 1/2” of drywall and 4” of sound insulation
Interior Features, Trims and Finishes
1. Nine (9) foot ceilings on ground and main floor with plan permitting
higher window placement. Eight (8) foot ceilings on remaining floors.
2. All Oak Natural Finish colonial railings and stair stringers ALL finished
levels as per plan. All spindles are 1 5/16” square top Oak finished
3. 6 panel colonial molded interior passage doors where indicated on
plan; and hung in fully cased jambs.
4. 4 1/4” colonial baseboard throughout with quarter round in all tiled
5. 2 1/2” colonial trim on all doorways and windows in all finished areas.
6. Prefinished melamine shelving installed in all closets.
7. Lifetime Brushed Nickel finish on all interior door hardware.
1. Purchaser’s choice of MDF, Maple or Oak quality cabinetry from
Builders standard samples.
2. Flush breakfast bar on Kitchen Island, as per plan.
3. Stainless steel double compartment ledge back kitchen sink with single
lever Moen faucet (faucet features high temperature limit stop for
safety) as shown at floor plans.
4. Two-speed white exhaust hood fan over stove area with vent to exterior
with 6” ducting.
5. Heavy duty electrical receptacle for stove and dedicated electrical
receptacle for refrigerator.
6. Post formed plastic laminate (Arborite) countertop.
7. Dedicated 20 amp electrical outlets at counter level for small
appliances. GFI protection for outlets within 5’ of the kitchen sink.
8. Dishwasher space provided in kitchen cabinets with rough-in wiring and
9. Purchaser’s choice of tile flooring from Builder’s Standard Series
10. All kitchens design to accommodate 36” fridge, 30” stove and 24”
Bathrooms & Laundry Features
1. Main bathroom & Ensuite features tub with tile surround as per plan.
2. Builders Standard Series vanities with post formed plastic laminate
3. Moen plumbing fixtures.
4. American Standard or equal china sinks.
5. Full width vanity plate mirrors in all bathrooms.
6. Single lever faucets with mechanical pop-up drains throughout except
7. Pressure balance temperature control valves in all tub area where
shown on plan.
8. GFI Electrical protection in all bathrooms and powder room
9. Exhaust fan vented to the outside in all bathrooms and powder room.
10. All toilets fitted with separate water shut-offs.
1. Interior walls to be painted one colour with premium quality latex paints.
Purchaser’s choice of one colour from builder’s standard samples.
2. All ceilings stippled in white, except kitchen and bath areas.
3. All wood trim to be painted designer white
1. Choice of quality imported ceramic tile standard throughout entry,
kitchen, powder room, all bathrooms and laundry area as shown on the
brochure. Purchaser to choose from builder’s standard samples.
2. 35 oz. Broadloom with ½” chip foam under pad in all finished areas
designated for carpet.
3. Tongue and groove sub-flooring screwed and glued down
Drywall And Insulation
1. Ceiling drywall is installed over floating metal resilient channels on all
trussed ceilings for straighter ceiling finishes
2. Entire garage to be drywalled and taped.
3. All drywall applied with screws- using a minimum number of nails.
Heating, Cooling And Ventilating
1. All homes duct system designed of roughed in for the future
installation of air conditioning.
2. All homes will have Gas forced-air High efficiency furnace heating system.
3. Power Vented hot water tank is a high output and high efficiency gas
fired rental unit vented to exterior. This unit will provide more hot
water than a standard hot water tank.
4. Digital thermostat.
1. 100 AMP electrical service complete with circuit breakers in service
2. COPPER wire distribution throughout the house to Ontario Hydro
3. Arc Fault interrupter circuits installed everywhere
(except fridge, sump pump, bathroom and kitchen)
4. Light fixture package.
5. Switch controlled receptacle in living room.
6. Architecturally controlled exterior lights on front & rear elevation.
7. “Decora” style plugs and switches
8. One ceiling electrical outlet in garage for future garage door.
9. Electric door chime for front entry
Security And Safety Features
1. Smoke/strobe detectors installed on all floors and in all bedrooms;
connected directly to electrical panel (with battery backup as per
Code). All smoke detectors are inter-connected (should one trip, they
all will sound).
2. Carbon Monoxide detector installed on bedroom level, interconnected and connected directly to electrical panel (with battery
backup as per Code).
3. Hot water tank has electronic ignition and power vent to outside.
4. All electrical outlets installed on outside of unit are ground fault and arc
fault protection and in bathrooms they are on ground fault protected
circuits and arc fault protection.
5. Deadbolt locks installed on all exterior-swinging doors.
6. Tamper resistant electrical outlets installed everywhere.